Wednesday, September 22, 2010

*glares at husband*



I would prefer to be showing pictures now of the crane hoisting tree limbs over our house, but Chris's computer is the designated photo-editing machine, and right now he is neck deep in the newest iteration of Civilization. If left to his own devices, I think he would emerge from the basement in about a week for a shower.

But I can only pretend to be snobbish about his gamer ways, because I, too, am a gamer; Civ just doesn't happen to be my cup of tea. He thought I was nuts when a couple of months ago I dug out a game that I had originally played back on the Commodore 64.

So, anyway. . .

Look, a bunch of native flowers jammed into a vase! Please laugh; I think this must be the second flower arrangement I've ever made. And no, I don't want to admit to having "arranged flowers"; I have a reputation as a geek to maintain!

I only did it because the sweet everlasting was going to be mowed down in the tree-removal prep, okay? Please don't tell my mother.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have a gamer husband. Your flower arrangement looks great. Good proportion with the vase. Maybe next time it will be flowers HE brings home. LOL

hero爺 said...

What a great arrangement flowers!

Diana said...

Nice flowers. You did a good job of putting enough in the vase. That's where I fail. I don't want to pick enough flowers out of the yard! They last longer in the garden than in a vase.

Flowers for inside my house come from houseplants and forced bulbs. It's almost time to pot those up for the year!

Karen said...

For a person who does not want to be known as an arranger, you do a wonderful job putting flowers in a vase!

I have a gamer son; groan. He's finally emerging from his man cave after five years or so now that he has a girlfriend who is definitely NOT a gamer. (I wonder how long this will last--she's a good influence on him, he actually sees daylight most days.)

Pam J. said...

So pretty! I'm gonna tell your mother, I'm gonna tell your mother....

Does this mean your mom doesn't know about your blog???

Frank said...

I like how you've decorated the street with it. But it does look good. Curious which c64 game was yours?