Sunday, January 9, 2011

Hello snow plow. . .


While my father was outside blissfully shoveling away at the pre-Christmas blizzard, I happened to look out just as the snowplow pulled up. Usually the plow does a cursory job on our unimportant dead-end street. In the past we've had to shovel as much as ten feet by thirty of road in order to regain access to our street and the mailbox.

On this day, however, I think the plowman was angling for a tip from my Dad. He carefully scooped away at the build-up blocking the end of our driveway.

That's Gabe, above, contemplating the pile of snow, rocks, and creeping thyme that doesn't usually live in the driveway.




We see the first hint of a truly exciting resculpting of the garden there, in the middle of the opposing bed, where a rock peeks out from the heaped snow. No rock should be there. And even at this stage, I'm pretty sure I know which rock got moved.

I'm glad that my father didn't think to tip the guy. Stay tuned. . .

3 comments:

Diana said...

When I moved into our house it was the middle of winter and the snow had been plowed from the driveway in large heaps. When it melted I noted the areas with damage from the plowing. These areas are now planted with annuals. I'd rather have the driveway plowed and have to "fix" the annuals areas than plant perennials and shrubs and have to shovel. But then again I am a hot-house flower living in cold New England.

Karen said...

We go through this every year too, but have no one to blame but ourselves since we do all the snow plowing, lol! We just keep forgetting there's a rock or a plant under the snow sometimes and the next thing you know, it's gone.

I hope none of the damage is severe, it's sad to see your hard work plowed up into a pile!

Michelle Clay said...

Thanks guys. :) This is what I get for not putting out curb markers!