Friday, February 19, 2010



Well, it isn't last year's army of 30 milk-jugs, but it's better than nothing. My winter-sown seeds, from left to right:

rosa rugosa
mixed columbine
New England aster (or some other purple aster, collected from a playground thicket)
staghorn sumac
scarlet sage
marsh violets (collected from a sunny, moist location)
violets (from the ones in Gabe's Garden)

To my dismay, rosa rugosa isn't native, so I'm not sure what I'll do with them if they grow. But I was on the fence about those thorns anyway.

The staghorn sumac isn't something I intend to plant in the yard. I'm just starting it for fun. Maybe I'll grow one in a pot. Bonsai, perhaps?

2 comments:

Ben said...

I would love to know more about your Milk jug technique.

Michelle Clay said...

HI Ben! Okay, I'll do a post on it just for you. Just as soon as I can find some time. . . ;)