Saturday, May 7, 2011

Gardening for the Greater Good


If I seem to have fallen off the face of the earth with regards to posting on the blog, it is with good reason. I've been planning the build day for Franklin's first community garden along with my fellow committee members. That build day was today, and with an amazing group of volunteers we managed to finished 44 - 4'x10' raised beds that are roughly 2' tall working from around 9am to 3pm with a nice hail storm as a break.

The build has plenty of rough spots, but based on the results I feel like I did a pretty good job as the build leader. Not something I think I could handle every weekend, but oh so worth it seeing the design made real. I would like to send an extra special thank you to my lovely wife Michelle for letting me dedicate the time necessary to get this done. No small feat with a 2 year old and newborn at home. Thank you Michelle, I love you!

I captured a time lapse so you can see the whole day in about ten minutes. So much fun, so tired:)

No comments: