Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Good morning.



I've been waking up early lately. Mornings are peaceful. Here's the meadow around back.




This is the only one of my transplanted goldenrod that bloomed this year. I'm surprised that anything survived transplant this summer. I haven't been very good about watering out here during the drought.




The poison sumac has started to unfurl its autumnal glory there on the right, just a little.




Some sort of thistle has volunteered here. I don't know if it's native.




This is one of several groundcherries I transplanted into the meadow. Groundcherry tends to melt into a puddle when transplanted, but with a little water the root survives and starts growing again within weeks.




The first sunlight of morning glows on the grass. The small pokeweed grew from a giant root that I ripped out of the ground elsewhere the previous year.

No comments: